Bulletproof, an innovative and expanding Cyber Security specialist, is looking to recruit a Head of SOC to lead our global SOC department as we continue to grow and evolve. With a background in SOC management or leadership, we are looking for an innovative and dynamic individual who can define and implement best practice to enable the delivery of SOC excellence. Central to the role is working directly with our CTO to continuously develop our offerings, and the role will focus on building and enhancing our current set-up.
Working remotely with ad-hoc travel to our Stevenage office (once every 2/3 months), an overview of the main duties has been provided below:
- Lead our SOC department with a view to building and enhancing a best-in-class SOC function;
- Oversee all Managed Security Services and internal activities to detect security events and vulnerabilities;
- Participate in SOC projects and engagements as a SOC SME and Evangelist;
- Develop, implement, and maintain SOC related policies, runbooks, processes and procedures;
- Create and maintain internal and board level KPIs;
- Support the maintenance of PCI DSS and ISO 27001 compliance for MSS customers;
- Provide SOC escalation support as and when required;
- Manage, tune and optimise security tools following best practices and other performance metrics;
- Establish career and development pathways within the SOC team;
- Oversee and manage the SOC rota;
- Provide out of hours on-call cover if necessary.
Skillset, Experience and Qualifications;
- Proven experience in a SOC Leadership or Management role;
- Experience in implementing and delivering change and improvement;
- Experience using SIEM technologies (Splunk, ELK stack etc.) and Security Tools (FIM, End-point Security Solutions, WAF, DLP etc.)
- Solid understanding of information security concepts, best practices and standard procedures alongside associated compliance frameworks (PCI DSS, ISO 27001, GDPR);
- Experience working within a fluid and rapidly changing working environment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong organisational skills with a high attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks at any given time;
- Pro-active and enthusiastic with a can do attitude;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong commercial acumen;
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as being a team player.