Bulletproof, an innovative and expanding Cyber Security specialist, is looking to recruit a SOC Analyst, working on a 11pm-7am shift on a rotating Tuesday-Saturday and Sunday-Thursday basis, to support our continued growth. Ideally stemming from an IT Helpdesk or related background, our SOC Analyst position provides an exciting opportunity to ensure our clients receive the best possible service whilst protecting their business assets and security. You will help maintain and protect our client’s key business assets from threats and risks by monitoring, detecting, analysing, and responding to security incidents.
With the role working alongside our experienced SOC team, this will be an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to step into a specialised SOC position. With a key focus on attention to detail and client/stakeholder management, we are looking for someone who is comfortable in a client facing role with the technical skills (training is provided) to triage, respond and resolve to a variety of threats.
Please note, whilst this role will be a full-time position on a night shift pattern, an initial period of training, which will be candidate specific, will run for a period of 6-12 weeks on a Monday – Friday, 9am-5-30pm pattern. An overview of the main duties has been provided below:
- Monitor both customer and internal infrastructure to detect security events and vulnerabilities by using various security tools, SIEM technologies and other security resources;
- Analyse and investigate various security events to validate security incidents;
- Perform proactive and reactive security incident handling and escalation where appropriate;
- Perform vulnerability assessments and provide findings with remediation actions;
- Manage, tune and optimise security tools following best practice and other performance metrics;
- Respond to customers’ tickets and emails, providing assistance with security related issues efficiently and effectively.
Skillset, Experience and Qualifications;
- Previous experience in an IT Helpdesk, IT Support, SOC or related role is essential with the ability to handle and prioritise tickets and issues;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Networks, Information Security or other related technical discipline would be highly desirable;
- Good knowledge and understanding of networking principles and a variety of operating systems;
- Good understanding of virtualisation;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience using SIEM technologies (such as Elastic, Splunk and Logrhythm), firewalls and IDS/IPS technologies would be desirable;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong organisational skills with a high attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks at any given time;
- Pro-active and enthusiastic with a can do attitude;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate;
- Passionate about security and networks;
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as being a team player.